Most couples we meet have a deep committed love for each other and are searching for ways to solve the problems that crop up in their lives. We help our clients break destructive communication patterns that are keeping them stuck and help them to gain a deeper understanding of one another.
Here are some of the problems our clients say they struggle with in their relationships:
- Considering divorce
- Feeling unheard or misunderstood by their partner
- Reestablishing trust after an affair or other betrayal
- Grieving losses such as a death, job loss or infertility in different ways
Let’s face it- all couples argue!
The problem really isn’t that you and your partner disagree but how you disagree. If you and your partner have the same arguments without making the progress you'd hoped for, counseling can help you take a fresh look at how you interact and begin to make changes to transform your relationship.
Common roadblocks in relationships are:
- Fighting to win rather than working together for a solution that works for both of you
- Bottling up feelings to avoid a confrontation
- Taking personal jabs at each other instead of putting energy into resolving the issue at hand
- Refusing to take personal responsibility for your role in creating the problem
- Discounting each other's feelings and needs
If you're ready to learn effective ways to resolve conflict and are ready to put in some personal effort you can improve your relationship. Counseling is a great tool for helping couples break bad habits and resolve past problems once and for all.
Call today for a free phone consultation at 505-821-5894 or email us