Group counseling offers those facing similar challenges a chance to support and learn from one another. Being in a group with others can make your journey less isolating as you realize that you're not alone. You get the invaluable benefit of learning from the experiences of those around you and have the opportunity to develop meaningful connections with others. Group therapy can be a very powerful experience. Group sizes can vary widely but 5-12 is an average range.
Most groups consist of some or all of the following components:
- Clear ground rules to ensure confidentiality and a feeling of trust within the group
- Open discussion where each member has a chance to talk in a safe and supportive environment
- Education on related topics
- Occasional guest speakers
- A trained facilitator to guide the group process
Click one of the links below to learn more about the groups we host.
Still have questions? Just give us a call at 505-821-5894 or email us.